I'm heading up to the cabin on Saturday so I won't be posting for about a week or so. I think the nice weather is still ahead so hopefully I won't have to wear rain gear and fleeces.
Folklorama is coming up and it'll occupy most of my time when I return, so I'll leave you with a clip from the Folklorama commercial that is gracing small screens everywhere. If you're wondering if that's Sumi (in the only speaking role) behind the fan...it is! I laughed my ass off when I first saw this, but boy she does a great job! I think she should pursue some kind of acting career after this. You can see her everywhere, on posters, the cover of the program booklet (pick one up at your local LC), ads in magazines and newspapers and on the back of Winnipeg Transit buses.
If the clip doesn't work, go to the Folklorama website (and click on the "video" in the left column) and ask yourself, "How far will you go?"
Thursday, July 17, 2008
The question is can you freeze a metal Sigg water bottle? As I found out it was a big mistake, even leaving the lid off it the water expanded (not upwards) and split the thin metal on the side. I actually Googled the question and the responses were as "long as the lid is off it would be fine", don't trust everything you read on the internet. Days later I checked the Sigg site and it adviced against freezing their bottles. Oh well, I guess I can't get my money back!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Welcome to the "new" and "improved" site for red eyes!
First of all, I would like to apologize for the lack of posts and updates on this site because there's almost nothing I hate more than non-updated blogs. It's not like nothing exciting has happened in my life, maybe it's been too exciting since I seem to be too busy to write and share all the stupid things I think about while I'm at work or zoning out in front of the computer screen.
Secondly, the title of this post is probably misleading, much like the "new" Tide there's nothing new or different about this blog, but it will seem "new" because I haven't written anything since early Spring and it will be "improved" because I will share all the clever information I have backlogged in my brain. This doesn't mean there won't be any changes, no sir, I have plenty of interesting ideas to make this site worth checking out every day (or two...?). Here is a list of the general ground rules and content I promise to cover over the following months:
- This site will remain the non-music pursuits in my life, so legal and non-legal mp3's might be hard to find here. If you enjoy your music cool and your concerts hot, check out my live music blog, Teenage Dogs in Trouble.
- I'll continue to post videos when I'm stuck for something to write about. I know personally I can spend hours on YouTube watching Yogi Bear episodes and music videos, so if anyone has any recommendations or requests I'll spread the word. Better yet, if you make a video you want to share with the world, let me know.
- I might resort to the ol' personal blog formula of detailing all the mundane happenings in my life. "What my cat ate, what I watched on TV, what I ate for lunch and who I ate it with...", this sometimes leads to the "too much information" category, so I'll try to stay clear of info that might offend all my close friends (you know who you are), or worse bore them to death.
- More photos! Everyone loves pictures and I rely heavily on the internet for many of my photos, but like many of you I do own a camera, it's automatic and digital so it's foolproof, right?
- Reviews, reviews! I like to watch more than participate so there'll be no shortage of events to watch and criticize. I like to think I'm critical and hate everything, but in reality I'm easily satisfied. If a play or movie entertains me and I don't fall asleep I probably won't slam it. Like most people I have lots and lots of personal biases and things (and people) that bug me...so be warned!
- Winnipeg...I love and hate this city, but I live here so a lot of my content will be from a Winnipegger's point of view. There's a lot that happens in this town, good and bad that I can't keep my mouth shut about. I haven't read many good blogs that have originated from Winnipeg, so pass on any links, it's good to have many POV's from this town.